Injury Lawyer Free Consultation
One of the benefits of working with a personal injury lawyer is the injury lawyer free consultation. This conversation can be had in person or over the phone, and provides you a free opportunity to learn more about your options. It also gives you a chance to get to know the personal injury attorney or law firm, which should help you make a decision about whether to work with that personal injury lawyer. If you would like a free consultation today, click HERE.
Preparing For Your Injury Lawyer Free Consultation
Your free consultation is a chance to speak with a legal professional who handles personal injury claims for a living. It’s a great opportunity for you to receive guidance about your personal injury at no cost. As a result, you should prepare for it by having a few questions ready for the personal injury lawyer. Here are a few questions to ask the lawyer during the injury lawyer free consultation:
- What percentage of your law practice is Personal Injury? (While most firms practice personal injury and additional areas of law, you would be wise to work with a personal injury firm that has an attorney dedicated to personal injury cases. If the firm is doing less than 50% of their business as a personal injury law firm, they may not be a good fit for you.)
- Who will be handling my case? (You want to establish that you will ALWAYS have access to an attorney. While you have to understand there will be some communication with the staff, it’s important to know the attorney will be available to provide updates and explain the latest changes in your case or personal injury claim.)
- What do you think will be the biggest challenge of my case? (This is important because every case has weaknesses. Your attorney should not be afraid to discuss them with you—it’s only realistic. Understanding the weaknesses of a case also gives you a chance to provide input to the lawyer. You may be able to correct an assumption the lawyer has about the case.)
- Have you handled cases like mine before? (If your case is a car accident, the answer will be yes. However, many law firms routinely say no to cases involving slip and falls, pedestrians, bicyclists, or other types of injuries. They have their reasons, but your goal is to work with a lawyer familiar with how to win a case like yours.)
- How often will I receive updates? (Personal injury lawyers work hard for a living; however, they often fail to let the client know how hard they are working on a client’s case. Make sure to set an expectation early with the lawyer that you expect a monthly update on your case. It’s a reasonable timeframe to be updated as the case progresses.)
Injury Lawyer Free Consultation Time Frame
Your free consultation should take less than an hour. In this time frame, you and the lawyer can gain an understanding of how the accident and injury happened. You can also discuss in depth whether the insurance company for the at fault party is taking responsibility or not. Your lawyer will want to know whether you have made a statement to the insurance adjuster or not. You can also use that time to discuss the personal injury lawyer’s fee agreement. Every law firm is different, but if you work with our firm, you do not owe us anything unless we recover on your case. You should find this to be true of most personal injury law firms.
You Deserve To Speak With An Attorney
During your injury lawyer free consultation, you deserve to speak directly with the attorney. There are exceptions; however, generally speaking if the law firm won’t let you speak with an attorney for the consultation, it’s a sign you will have trouble reaching the attorney during your case. Not only is it important that the law firm allows you to speak with an attorney, it’s important for you. Your injury lawyer free consultation is your chance to decide if you actually like the lawyer. After all, you may be working together for a few years on your case. It’s important to get a sense of who you will be working with, and how hard they are going to fight for you.
Speak With A Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you would like to speak with an attorney about your personal injury case, we’re here to help. The call is free and you will come away with a much better understanding of your options. You can reach us at 704.749.7747 or click to request a FREE CASE EVALUATION, and we will be in touch shortly.
If this article was helpful, you may find other helpful articles on our Personal Injury Blog. Thank you for visiting the website—we hope it has been helpful.